Claggett Creek is a traditional middle school, serving students in grades 6–8. Average enrollment for our school is 980 students. Bilingual services are available. Our mascot is the Panthers.
The Keizer Community lies on the northern fringe of Salem, Oregon. It is one of the fast-growing suburban areas in Oregon. Charles William Pugh, son of John Martin Pugh and Sally Ann Claggett, was born November 7, 1854 at Claggett. He was married to Joan Hamilton on October 3, 1875 The couple resided on their farm in the Claggett District, later called Keizer.
Mr Pugh studied law at Willamette University and was always civic minded. He believed in schools and churches, and promoted these ideas as his father before him had done by donating land for school and church purposes. He gave an acre of land for the school site, where Keizer School now stands. The old log building, where he attended school was a little north of the present school, on land owned by his father. A new building was constructed on the present location about 1880.
The name of the school was changed from Claggett to Keizer at a later date. The name Keizer came from Mr. J. B. Keizer, an early home-steader, who was also civic minded and who helped in the development of the Keizer School District This district, at first a farming community, has many small farms in the area today, where hops and fruit crops are raised.